If you've wanted to try or start a meditation practice, this course will demystify meditation and get you started on Day One. I will guide you through three weeks of guided meditation sessions, beginning with how to start, how to sit, where to meditate, how to breathe, what to think about, and then how to grow your meditation practice. This course is perfect for anyone who has wanted to start a meditation practice, but didn't know how or where to look for the guidance. The first week includes an introductory infographic and audio session with "5 Steps to Starting Your Meditation Practice," then includes 5 daily sessions (about 5 minutes each) where you join me in an informal setting for video guided meditations. Weeks 2 and 3 each contain 5 daily video guided meditations as well as a meditation and mindfulness workbook. Each guided meditation takes place at a location in my daily life, to show you how easy it is to incorporate a meditation practice into your daily routine. It's not fancy. It's not difficult to find the time or place. Through these three weeks, you will see how I incorporate a meditation practice into my daily life, and you will learn how you can do the same. Plus, in my free downloadable guide The #1 Habit to improve your life, you will learn why meditation is such an important part of what I call "mind management."
- Introduction - How to Start Your Meditation Practice in 5 Easy Steps
- Guided Meditation Day 1 - How to Start (5:31)
- Guided Meditation Day 2 - Count Your Breath to Stay Present (4:34)
- Guided Meditation Day 3 - Focus on Your Breath (5:32)
- Guided Meditation Day 4 - Developing a Meditation Routine (5:25)
- Guided Meditation Day 5 - It's called meditation practice, not meditation perfection. (5:45)
- Meditation & Mindfulness Workbook
- Guided Meditation Day 6 - Adding a Mantra, or Stated Intention (5:39)
- Guided Meditation Day 7 - Using a Mantra, or Stated Intention (7:04)
- Guided Meditation Day 8 - Practicing a Mantra, or Stated Intention (5:33)
- Guided Meditation Day 9 - Continuing a Mantra, or Stated Intention (5:12)
- Guided Meditation Day 10 - Using a Mantra to Harness the Power of Self-Compassion (5:43)
- Meditation Practice, not Meditation Perfection
- Guided Meditation Day 11 - Practice: Focusing On & Counting Your Breath (5:32)
- Guided Meditation Day 12 - Practice: Focusing On & Counting Your Breath (6:22)
- Guided Meditation Day 13- Practice: Using a Mantra, of Stated Intention (6:35)
- Guided Meditation Day 14 - Let's Meditate! (5:48)
- Guided Meditation Day 15 - Our Final Guided Meditation (7:43)
Hi, I'm Jamie Jackson Spannhake.
I am an author, speaker, and certified health coach, among other roles. I have a regular meditation practice and benefit greatly from it. I want to share with you my practice of meditation -- which is part of what I call "mind management" -- so you can experience the benefits too. Even though I am a busy professional and parent, I have incorporated a meditation practice into my daily life, and can teach you how to do the same. I am author of the book The Lawyer, the Lion, & the Laundry (2019, Attorney at Work Publishing) and have spent the last 10 years researching, writing, and speaking on issues of wellness, time management, stress reduction, and work-life integration (what some people call work-life balance). Learn more about me at www.JamieSpannhake.com.
Let's get started. I am thrilled for the opportunity to connect with you and share the gift of meditation.
Includes FREE Guide
This course includes my e-guide to meditation: The #1 Habit to improve your life. It explains how to start your practice and the benefits of meditation.
Includes FREE Workbook
This course includes a short e-workbook with mindfulness exercises, breath exercises to calm the body and mind, and introduces mantras (or stated intentions).
Includes FREE Introductory Audio Meditation & Infographic
This course includes an introductory audio session and infographic with "5 Steps to Starting Your Meditation Practice,"